Unconventional Ways to Earn Money for Disney (and other stuff too)

I love when my friends and family ask me about how the heck I can afford to go to Disney more times than anyone (who doesn't have an annual pass nor lives in Florida) ever should... I have my ways! 

Want to know some of my secrets??

I'll share them with you! 

Method #1: Market Research Surveys.
You mean to tell me that I can be fully opinionated like I *always* am and get *paid* for it?! Yes, yes you can! There's tons of market research places out there, and you just need to search for them (It also helps if you live in a larger size city, as these tend to have more options). So how these work is, you go on the company's website, create a login, and then look out for survey emails they send you. Take the initial survey, and if you qualify then they'll give you a call to come in and do the research study in person. And some of them are really fun! I've done numerous taste tests for restaurants trying new menu items, tested a new Febreeze scent, new long-lasting nail polish, etc. Some of the surveys require you to come in and do them on-site (and most take under an hour) and some give you a product to take home and try and then do a survey for it online. They can pay anywhere from $25-$125+ and the company I usually work with pays in gift cards: one option is Disney (which is what I always choose). These gift cards are good for park tickets, Disney Cruises, ShopDisney.com and Disney property restaurants and hotels (Disney Springs too!)


Method #2: Rakuten
I'm sure you've heard of this one back when it was "Ebates"... well they're still operating the same way and still getting you cash back on everyday purchases. I actually put an extension on my Chrome browser, so that whenever I go to check out at any online retailer, a little box pops up and reminds me to activate Rakuten for the purchase. (I just wish they had this on my cell phone too!) I love checking in on Rakuten cash back offers too, like when they have Double Cash Back at certain places... sometimes I'm reminded "Oh yeah, you know, I did need to go buy a Groupon for airport parking for that upcoming trip I'm taking" and where you'd go spend $40 on the airport parking deal on Groupon, you'd get $3.20 back. They're typically small amounts, but keep using Rakuten and you'll see them add up. I've gotten almost $500 back over the entire time I've been using it! (note: I've had an account since 2013, but I've really only been using it consistently since late 2018)


Method #3: Dosh
Ok so this one works a lot like Rakuten, only it functions automatically in the background and you don't have to constantly remember "Oh yeah, I need to activate my app to get cash back". You download the app, enter the card info that you use for all your purchases (don't worry, it's secure... I've never had any issues) and then when you make a purchase somewhere that's a "Dosh Spot" then you'll automatically get cash back for it! I've been using this one since 2019, and I've already gotten $198.62 back:

Method #4: Seated
This one is a newer method, and only works in certain large markets (currently it's available in: Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, and NYC). But if you eat out a lot, this app is clutch. How it works: Download the app, make a reservation at a "Seated Spot" and then upload your receipt after you leave. It'll give you a percentage cash-back on your bill. It also works on pickup orders too and sometimes you'll find it available for walk-ins when there isn't a rush.
I like to look for restaurants that are "surging" as they give you more cash back. It's a fun way to discover new restaurants as well. This offer below gives you 23% cash back!


Method #5: Upside
Upside is neat because it works on gas stations as well as restaurants. This one works like Rakuten, where you need to go in the app and "claim" the reward before you make the purchase. You have a 4 hour window too, in case you forget and try to claim right after you purchase.

Method #6: Referrals for any of these!
Yes, when you refer any of your friends to any of these cash-back apps, you get money back too! And often your friend does as well just for signing up.
My Rakuten referral link: https://www.rakuten.com/r/LINDAM2910?eeid=28187
My Dosh referral link: https://link.dosh.cash/LINDAE31
My Seated referral link: https://seated.app.link/oMT8kVOE9lb
My Upside referral link: https://upside.app.link/LINDA34524



And best yet, you can actually Double and Triple Dip using these rebates programs! For instance, there's a restaurant up the street from my house that offers 23% cash back on Seated, 5% cash back on Upside, and 5% back on Dosh! (Throw in the 3 points per dollar spent that you also get from Southwest using your Rapid Rewards Credit Card -- this one is a Southwest Dining Partner as well -- and you've got yourself a QUADRUPLE DIP!)

Now go get cash back on every purchase you make!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Earn the Companion Pass on Southwest Air

Earning the Companion Pass Pt. 2: Making the Points Make Sense

How I do Disney on a Budget